This set of instruction are to be followed only on Ubuntu 14.04. The instructions will change when the toolbox has been released for other OS versions.
1. Install Octave by executing the command "sudo apt-get install octave" on a linux terminal
2. Download the code- https://scilab.in/fossee-scilab-toolbox/scilab-octave-interface-toolbox
3. Extract the toolbox to a location of your choice.
4. Change the current working directory of Scilab to the toolbox root folder using this command- cd /path/to/toolbox/folder
5. On Scilab console, type- exec loader.sce
The toolbox should install successfully. To check, type on Scilab console-
a=[1 2 3];
'b' should be the transpose of 'a'.